Thursday, September 22, 2016

Korean dinner at BIBIM

OMG! The moment I found out there was a new Korean restaurant in town, I knew I had to try it right away. I'm a sucker for a good dolsot bibimbap, so just by thinking about this sizzling dish, is already mouth-watering for me.

As some of you might have heard already, Bada restaurant in the 1st district closed down recently. I was so devastated, as it was my go-to lunch place during my break at work. It was literally just a one minute walk from my work place and now I always struggle what to eat during lunch :(


The new place I tried is called Bibim and it already had gained reputation amongst the korean community in just a short amount of time.

The restaurant is located in the 3rd district and the interior looked just like an austrian pub. I guess the owner did not want to invest any money and just used all the furniture from the previous owner.




The first dish on the menu that caught my eye was the yangnyeom chicken (양념 μΉ˜ν‚¨). It is a  korean-style marinated fried chicken and has a sweet taste. I still remember trying this at another korean restaurant in vienna and have been loving it ever since. Another starter was korean pork knuckle.For my main dish I ordered, to no surprise, my all-time favourite dolsot bibimbap. 




1. Yangnyeom chicken (starter)
Yangnyeom chicken was very crispy, which I love and the meat was very tender. This dish can  be chosen as a starter which is a slightly smaller portion ( like on the picture above) or as a main.


2. Pork knuckle
This was a cold dish and the meat was cut into slices. This was also available as a starter or a main course.

3.Dolsot Bibimbap
I had very high hopes for this bibimbap, as I haven't had one for a while. The bowl was more like a plate, hence it was a bit difficult to stir without getting the food all over the place. Apart from that, I quite liked it. 

4. Patbingsu
This was the highlight of my evening I think. Patbingsu is a shaved ice dessert with toppings such as  red beans, condensed milk and other sweets. It is very refreshing and good on hot days. This dish is very popular in Korea, and there are many different variations. I was that close to order a second one, as this reminded me so much of the shaved ice in Taiwan (haha!).

If you're looking for a new korean place to dine in, I would recommend Bibim. The service was very pleasant, but it took a long time for the dishes to arrive. 

Love,
Fiona


Bibim
Rennweg 60
A-1030 Wien
01/9922400

Price Range: 15euro/person

Opening Times:
Monday-Saturday11:30AM–2:30PM, 5:30–10PM
SundayClosed 


No comments:

Post a Comment